Maryam Nawaz delivered speech at the 1st Laptop Distribution ceremony held today. The ceremony was held to award 1740 laptops among the students of universities of Islamabad.
The students of all public-sector universities were eligible in this scheme. In this 1st Laptop distribution ceremony, only post-graduate students have been awarded laptops.
The salient points of her speech are given under:
- All the schemes are on merit and transparency should be maintained.
- Youth Loan applicants have started paying back their installments.
- More than 40 thousand students are eligible to get their fee back through Fee Reimbursement Scheme. The focus is on deserving students and low developed areas of Pakistan.
- Youth is enthusiastic and kept on asking many many times of the starting date on social media and I am happy to say that the Laptop Scheme has been started now.
- We have tried our best to make this scheme as transparent as possible. Transparency International has also witnessed this fact.