The laptop distribution in University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Taxila is planned to be held on 5th and 6th November 2014. The list of eligible students has been issued. 270 MS and Ph.D. students have been found eligible and they will be awarded with Haier 7G – 5H laptops along with bag and free EVO on the said dates.
A notification has been issued by Mahmood Akhtar (Focal Person, PMNLS) stating the following:
It is notified for the information of all concerned that all eligible PhD/MSc/MS Program students who have validated their data for “Prime Minister National Laptop Scheme” before October 31, 2014 at Student’s Service Portal i.e. http://pmnls.hec.gov.pk must reach at 10:00 AM on 05-11-2014 & 06-11-2014 in front of Computer Engineering Block for receiving their Laptops .
- Original CNIC along with 02 photocopies of CNIC are mandatory at the time of receiving Laptops.
The following students are NOT ELIGIBLE
- Students who have already received a laptop under any Federal or Provisional Government Scheme.
- Students who are employed (either in public or private sector organization).
- Foreign Nationals, except students from AJK and Indian Occupied Kashmir.
- Any other students not listed above and/or as identified and decided by the Steering Committee.
- In case a student is found guilty (either employed or already recipient of Laptop) at any stage the University will not issue the degree to him/her and HEC will have right reserved to take legal action against him/her.
The recipient of Laptop should be an enrolled student at the time of award of laptop. Students eligibility and Enrollment Status as per defined above shall be determined on the day of distribution of laptops at the University.
This is issued for awareness of all the students and a list has also been issued on UET Taxila website from where students can check their names. Only those students have been added in the list who have validated themselves on HEC Student Portal.