HEC Overseas Scholarships for the Fall 2016 /Spring 2017 have been announced. These scholarships are being offered ins elected fields except Engineering, Agriculture and Chemistry. The last date for submission of applications along with requisite documents is 18th Feb 2016.
Overseas Scholarships for MS/MPhil Leading to PhD
in selected fields (Phase-II, Batch-7) for Fall 2016/ Spring 2017
Applications are invited from outstanding Pakistani /AJK nationals for the award of scholarships in selected fields for PhD studies in one of the following countries:
|China||Turkey||Any other Country / University subsequently Identified by HEC|
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
- Pakistani/AJK nationals
- Candidates must have minimum Eighteen years of education (i.e. MS / ME/ MPhil)
- Maximum two second divisions throughout the academic career
- Maximum age on Thursday February 18, 2016 (40 years for full time regular faculty members of public sector Universities/Colleges and employees of the public sector R & D organizations and 35 years for all others)
- The candidates will have to obtain 50 or above marks in the HEC aptitude/scholarship test.
- The candidates who are already availing any other scholarship are not eligible to apply
- The candidate must have acquired the requisite qualification on or before Thursday February 18, 2016.
The following documents are required to be submitted along with the printed copy of online application form:
- Attested photocopies of all educational testimonials. Equivalence of the foreign qualification/s from IBCC
/ HEC will be provided with the application form.
- Attested photocopy of domicile and CNIC
- Statement of Purpose (One Page)
- Research Proposal based on indigenous issues.
- NOC from the employer for in-service candidates (only for Government employees).
- Original online Deposit slip of Rs. 200/- (non-refundable) in favor of the Director General Finance, Higher Education Commission, H-9, Islamabad on account number 0112-00500119-01, HBL Aabpara Branch Islamabad as processing fee (Bank Draft is not acceptable).