In order to attain the real objectives of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (OPEC), Chief Minister of the Punjab, Mian Muhammad Shehbaz Sharif envisions the dire need of effective communication among Chinese and Pakistani people. for this purpose, he has generously allocated funds to send 500 appropriately qualified, Punjab domiciled, youth to China for learning Chinese language.
In the fight of the vision of the Chief Minister of Punjab, applications were invited in December 2015 & May 2016. After selection on purely merit basis through a competitive process, one hundred and ninety three (193) Chinese language Scholarship awardees have already joined leading Chinese universities in China.
Now, for the selection of Chinese Language Scholarships awardees in Batch-III for the remaining 307 slots, eligible talented students who meet the following basic eligibility criteria may apply in a prescribed manner.
I. Successful completion of studies will mean passing HSK-5 with the score of 210 or above.
II. High achievers (A+ & A Grades) are assured of placement on their return to Pakistan.
III. High achievers will also be offered continuation of Scholarships to complete 4 years Language Degree Program.
BASIC ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:
a. Domicile: Any district of Punjab;
b. Age: 22 — 24 years on the last date fixed for application submission;
c. Education: Minimum of 14 years of schooling, In any subject, from an accredited institution with at least 1st division (or 3.0/4.0 CGPA) in the Bachelor degree and no 3rd division In the whole career;
d. All the candidates need to be medically fit in order to qualify for the award of Scholarship;
e. All the candidates are advised to verify/assure that their particulars (Name, Father’s Name, Date of Birth etc.) are exactly same on all the documents (Certificates, CNIC& Passport etc.);
f. Provisionally selected awardees will have to attend and successfully complete the language studies (of 2 to 3 weeks) at a local institution;
g. After final selection, the awardees will be required to secure admission for Chinese Language Studies at an approved institution in China for a period of up to two years.
SELECTION PROCEDURE & GENERAL INFORMATION:
1. In case the applications received are more than twice the available number of awards, a written test may be conducted to shortlist the candidates. The shortlisted candidates will then be interviewed.
2. Those who qualify in locally offered Chinese Language Course will be eligible for the offer of a final award.
3. Candidates presently working In Government. Semi Government and Autonomous Bodies must send their applications through proper channel only. Applications submitted without NOC, issued by the competent/appointing authority, shall not be entertained.
4. Preference will be given to the applicants belonging to the southern Punjab and those having prior Chinese language ability.
5. Applicants are required to apply online through website of University of Education, Lahore namely www.ue.edu.pk/cls and submit a print of the same online application form along with complete bio.data and attested relevant documents In Financial Aid Office – FAO) by 5th December, 2016 during office hours.
(Note: Link may not be available after 5th December, 2016, so do not try after deadline)